A Great Visual Guide to Mushrooms! We use this book all the time in Wisconsin. It is a handy size and features nearly 400 species with pictures and details.
Mushrooms of the Upper Midwest includes the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
Hundreds of full-color photographs with easy-to-understand text make this a perfect visual guide.
- species organized by shape, then by color
- identify mushrooms by their visual characteristics
- begin to learn which mushrooms are edible and which are toxic with the Top Edibles and Top Toxics sections
- information accessible to beginners but useful for even experienced mushroom seekers
- includes nearly 400 common species
Teresa Marrone is the lead author of three regional field identification guides for wild mushrooms (Mushrooms of the Upper Midwest, Mushrooms of the Northeast, and Mushrooms of the Northwest). She is also sole author of more than a dozen outdoors-themed books, including the Wild Berries & Fruits Identification Guides series (currently available for four regions of the U.S.). She splits her time between her home in Minneapolis and her cabin in northern Minnesota, abutting the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.
Dimensions 4.38 × 6 in
Author(s): Teresa Marrone and Kathy Yerich
Page Count: 304
Publication Date: 2/25/2020
Publisher: Adventure Publications